- Information That We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you become a Member, we require you to provide various contact and identity information and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Site, and you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible, on these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to become a Member or by not using the particular feature of the Site for which the information is being collected. Of course, if you include personal information in your User Content, as defined in the Use and License Agreement, we collect that information as well.
We also automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Site. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer browser information, and your IP address.
“Cookies” are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. Cookies will be used on the Site to allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session, to help us with data collection on the Site to help analyze our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety, to offer certain features that are only available through the use of a cookie and to allow us to provide information that is targeted to your interests. If you have cookies disabled in your browser you may not be able to use the Site.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as support or other emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
Following your registration on the Site, you can review and change your information in your account area. If you disclose personal information in any public area of the Site and wish to have it removed, please contact us with the support contact information posted on the Site.
- Our Use of Your Information
We use personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site, to provide to you the services offered by the Site; resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Terms of Service; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection, use or disclosure. We may compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and for accuracy. We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
We may also use your personal information to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, are targeted to your interests, such as promotions, administrative notices, product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you can opt out of the receipt of certain communications on your account page of the Site. You may make changes to your account preferences at any time.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent. The following describes some of the ways that your personal information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services:
- User Content. If you elect to submit User Content, as defined in the Use and License Agreement, your username and avatar will appear on the Site in relation to such User Content, together with other information you include in your User Content. We may use third parties to edit User Content before publication and any personal information you include in your User Content may be disclosed to them as well.
- Legal Requests; Emergencies. We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and demands for information that are made under force of law. Therefore, we may provide personal information to law enforcement agencies in what we believe to be emergency situations, we may provide personal information where we have a good-faith belief that we are required to do so by statute, court order, legal process or lawful authority, and we may provide it to our legal counsel in connection with the foregoing. We may also disclose personal information to third parties if we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Use and License Agreement, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our Site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Company, our users or others. In some cases, personal information that we collect may be stored or processed outside of the United States, and may, therefore, be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries.
- Sale or Financing. If Company becomes involved in a proposed amalgamation or sale of some or all of its assets, or if its owners propose to sell their interest in the company, or in the course of a proposed financing, we may disclose personal information to the proposed acquirers or investors, and their advisors, as part of their due diligence investigations of the Company or upon the completion of the applicable transaction. Any such disclosure will be pursuant to confidentiality agreements customary for such transactions.